Many small businesses in Singapore are trying to go digital day by day. Are you one of them? Perhaps, that’s why you’re looking for the best web hosting in Singapore for your small business, something that not only works well but has amazing customer support also.
I have been in the industry for a really long time, and I am here to help. Also, if you are new to blogging make sure you read my “how to start a blog” tutorial.
Anyway, if you already know the right way to build a Southeast Asia website, that’s great! You can skip tutorials and discover our top 6 best web hosting services in Singapore for small businesses like yours.
What Is The Best Website Host Service For Singapore?
You can check out the top website hosting in Singapore here, or enjoy the article below.
So to start with in our web hosting providers rundown we have SiteGround.
SiteGround is one of the best Singapore web hosting services, a quick look at their customer reviews will show you people love them.
At present, almost every web hosting is based on SSD storage but it’s surprising to note that the SiteGround web hosts platform is powered by Google Cloud, which makes it even faster.
That is one of the main ranking factors for Google, site quickness, and with Siteground auto optimizations for images, along with lazy loading and minifying of source code it will make sure working with Siteground a real pleasure for a website owner.
Along with great inbuilt features like mentioned above Siteground web host also offer their support team which is available 24 7 support every day, of the full year.
What is Siteground used for?
The thing that I love about Siteground is they take their work super seriously, and offer the same brilliant support services no matter what level in their hosting market you are with them, and this is backed up by some really great customer reviews that you can see.
If you need more performance as your business grows, then they are there to help support you and upgrade you to one of their premium web host plans, with superior IT infrastructure like their VPS hosting, or Cloud.
Some professions that use Siteground:
- eCommerce Stores
- Great for web Design and web developers
- Online bloggers
- WordPress based websites
- Larger, corporate websites, looking for smooth running
- Businesses that are looking for high performance from their Singaporean web hosting company with very little problems.
Also, the cool thing is you can try Siteground for 30 days with no obligation.
If you decide you are going to run WordPress for your website, then Siteground offers some awesome add-ons free of charge.
Siteground for WordPress:
- The Siteground starter plugin which will make sure it helps bring you through the initial set up of your WordPress website.
- Inbuilt speed optimization plugin, that automatically optimizes images, adds lazy loading, and also minifies your source code for extra speed.
- A great ability to add an auto-update of plugins for your website, I love this feature as updating plugins to the latest version can be a pain.
- Some Advanced WordPress tools that make running your website easier like creating a thing called a staging area where you can test your code (or your developer can) before you push it live on your website
- If you are hosted somewhere else, they also have a cool migration plugin to easily bring your WordPress site over to SiteGround from your previous host.
SiteGround has hosted up to 2,000,000 domains so far.
Pros of SiteGround Web Hosting:
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Free daily backups
- Excellent customer support
- Modern security measures
- Free website migration in ASEAN
- Multiple data centers across the globe as well as Asia continent
- Cloudflare CDN 1-click activation
- 30 days money-back guarantee
Cons of SiteGround Web Hosting:
- Data storage limits
- Data over usage policy is a bit strict
- No free domain extensions
Building a website: Easy
Basic Starting Price: $3.95 for the first month.
Basic Renew Price: $11.95/month.
2. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting provider is an old player among all online companies in Singapore, which was founded in 2001. If you take a look at the official website of A2 web Hosting, you will realize that it has a lot of web hosting plans for small businesses, plus a stack of customer reviews to keep you happy.
Most customers claim that the turbo servers of A2 Host makes it unique. Besides, it’s well-known for its reseller web Singapore server hosting, which puts it pretty much at the top of the list of the best web hosting in Singapore for your business.
One of the main reasons many website owners love A2 website Hosting is for their insanely quick WordPress hosting, which comes with what they call guru tech support and live chat feature along with their free phone support.
I have to admit, their live chat is really good, and for the non-technical person, that make running a WordPress website a breeze, they really focus on customer satisfaction, and it shows. (this website here is with A2 Hosts, and runs WordPress).
Why I love A2 Hosting Plans
Speedy web hosting
If your budget permits (a few extra dollars per month) you can opt for A2’s Turbo web server, which loads your website pages up to 20x faster than normal hosting plan, basically, Google will love your site and rank it really well.
It also comes with free SSD as standard, which means that your storage is also super up to date meaning faster data transfer and website performance servers of your website.
For someone new to building a website, you also have the benefit of an Anytime of the day money back guarantee, which basically means that:
- Included with your initial 30 day guarantee you also get an anytime guarantee which works on a prorated refund level, so you get a refund if you don’t use your allotted service, it’s really a very good deal.
The part that sort of annoys me about A2hosting is that you don’t get free domain names (I like to always go for the dot com or SG domain extensions for my websites) like the other web hosting provider, but it surely makes up for it in performance.
On the other hand, domain name registrations are super simple, and it only costs a few Singapore dollars.
And for me, the best thing is that it’s web host servers are located in Singapore so your customers and visitors to your website get extremely fast loading times and access to your website due to the location of your web host data centres.
A2hosting with its 99.99% server uptime really is so good no wonder it is packed full of web host service reviews from satisfied customers.
But if you go over their 50GB disk space quota on their servers it will not be backed up. So be aware of this, not just for A2 Hosting, but pretty much most shared hosting service providers.
If you are ever stuck, and the 24 7 support service is not available (maybe super busy), you can always check out their knowledge base for some great tutorials.
Pros of A2 Hosting:
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Any time of the day money back assurance
- Turbo servers for 20x faster page loading
- State-of-the-art security measures
- Free website migration makes it one of the best Singapore web host services
- Pre-installed WordPress
- Free automatic daily backups along
- Server rewind tool
- A2 site accelerator feature
- Superb support team, always!
Cons of A2 Hosting:
- Only turbo plans come with site accelerator feature
- Additional fee for shifting data centers
Creating a website: Easy
Lite Starting Price: $3.92 per month
Lite Renew Price: $7.99 per month
Reseller hosting available: Yes
Hostinger was founded 16 years ago. Currently, it is serving in more than 170 countries including Southeast Asia.
I’m glad that Hostinger has a data center in Singapore. Do you know why it’s important? If the server is close to your location, you may expect more speed from it…
More speed means that Google and the search engines like you more, and the reason why the best web hosting service in Singapore accolade is very tight.
In case, if your target market belongs to any other country like Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Malaysia, or Cambodia, you can choose your server in those locations too, which is an added bonus along with the Asia Pacific region.
So what makes Hostinger web host a good provider in Singapore?
Well Hostinger comes with three hosting options that you can choose from. If you are starting small (it’s a good idea to keep an eye on your server resources that you are using with this plan) with only one small website, then I recommend that you choose the Single Plan:
It starts at $2.99 per month for a 12-month commitment.
You can host 1 website, have 10GB disk space and also 1 email hosting account. It really is for a simple business website, and you will not win any awards for super fast site of the year with this domain hosting choice, but good for a starter online business owner.
The next plan they have is the Premium Plan, starting at $5.99 per month for a 12-month commitment.
Now this is good because it gives you the possibility of unlimited websites. This means that you can host more than one website on your hosting account.
Unlimited really doesn’t mean unlimited disk space, and I would normally stop adding websites after about 6 or 7 websites, as it will start to slow down your other websites.
The premium plan also comes with a domain name, which is always a bonus.
After the premium packages you then have access to the Business Hosting Plan, which starts $6.99 per month for a 12-month commitment.
This comes with all the cool things from the Premium plan like:
- Unlimited websites
- Free domain name
- Superb processing power
But adds in some much-needed extras including:
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate (needed for all websites now)
- Daily backups
- Quadruple process power (meaning super-quick)
Also, if you choose to opt for more than one-year web hosting, you can get some cool discounts from the Hostinger web hosting provider team. It is a good host and that can be seen from not only its price but also the customer testimonials it has.
Pros of Hostinger Host:
- 99.99% uptime guarantee in the whole South East Asia
- Fast page loading along with a cache manager
- Impressive custom dashboard
- Get FREE domain for your first WordPress hosting in Singapore
- Responsive support
- Zyro site builder, which is made for pure beginners
29 Million Users Across 178 Countries Are Using Hostinger
Cons of Hostinger Host:
- Non-standard payment terms
Getting started: Easy
Single shared & premium starting price: $0.99 (1 site with 10 GB storage without domain) and $2.89 (with free domain)
Share & premium renew price: $2.15 and $3.49
Bluehost was founded 17 years ago. And you know what? WordPress has itself recommended it and so do I. Do you know that it’s currently hosting 850,000 domains across the globe?
I don’t want to act biased but Bluehost could be one of the best Singapore web hosting companies and the reason why it gets a spot on the top 6 best web hosting in Singapore review.
Is Bluehost a Good Web Hosting Provider?
Well for a start it’s easy, it is so super easy to use, maybe in the whole hosting industry, especially for the non-techy person (you don’t have to deal with crazy things like SQL server management issues), as there are many of them, and Bluehost designed it with this person in mind, is it you?
They use a thing called CPanel or control panel, which manages all the back office hosting business of your account, much like A2Hosting, and it’s again really easy to use and can easily make sure you learn it in about 1 minute.
If you have decided that WordPress is the website platform that you are going to use to make your website (I do recommend WordPress 100%) then Bluehost web host is perfect for you, as it is specifically made with WordPress users in mind and is actually recommended as the top WordPress hosting company in the world.
Also, you do get WordPress free once you buy a hosting package so there are no extra add-on costs.
Along with the ease of use you also get:
- Super easy WordPress website builder function
- Unlimited disk space storage, email address, and bandwidth.
- A domain registration for a year which is included in your purchase.
- Free email accounts as standard
- Super good security services, for the non-techy, this basically means that it is really good at defending against cyber-attacks and people trying to hack your website (as it happens sometimes)
- Loads of eCommerce features
- Works with multiple shopping carts
- Has Free SSL certificates security.
- Include Bluehost live chat support
- It is also really fast (which we mentioned is a good thing) as it can integrate with CloudFlare, and give your website super good performance.
If you ever get stuck for anything there are free video tutorials everywhere that can help you out, covering everything in the web hosting industry from security management to your caching system.
Pros of Bluehost Web Hosting
- First term is affordable for Asia user
- Impressive uptime guarantee of 99.9%
- Loads of storage
- Excellent support in SEA region
- Easy to use
Cons of Bluehost Web Hosting
- Only US servers are available
- Renewal rates are a bit pricey
Site Builder: Easy
Shared hosting starting price: $3.95/month
Renew shared hosting price: $7.99/month
Although Cloudways Cloudways is not known much for overall web hosting plans, it has been proven as one of the best web hosting companies in Singapore for its cloud servers.
It’s tough to believe that a not so famous company like Cloudways can give outstanding performance via the servers of companies like Google, Vultr, KYUP, DigitalOcean, and Amazon and WP Engine.
What it does so good in the cloud hosting industry is offer a brilliant crossover between being well priced and also having great functionality for its cloud-managed WordPress hosting service vs the others like WP Engine that are pretty expensive.
One of the great things about their WordPress cloud host service is that as your website grows, so too can your hosting plan, meaning it is there to support you, as you grow with the hassle of techy stuff.
While it doesn’t run with CPanel (Which we love) it does offer the Click&Go (make sure you are ok with this) Cloud hosting servers console, which is packed with cool tools that allow web admins to get things done, like:
- Dedicated server
- Configuring basic settings,
- Monitor server assets and page views
- 24 7 support
- Free site migration to Cloudways
- Data centre in 50 server location, plus Singapore.
Cloudways also offers WordPress which we love and a list of others including:
- and WooCommerce
Is it as easy as the ones mentioned above? Nope, but it’s different, and you know any web developers it is no problem, and has its own features that outstrip those of our named web hosting providers above.
Pros of Cloudways Web Hosting:
- Cloudflare collaboration
- True value for money on all plans
- Downtime is a rare thing
- Free DNS service
- Easy to operate in SE Asia
Cons of Cloudways Web Hosting:
- Report dashboard can become better
- Aggressive website caching may leave customers in a state of confusion
Getting online: Moderate
Basic Plan Starting Price: Free trial for 3 days without credit card or obligations
Basic Plan Renew Price: $10 per month
Here’s an absolute native web hosting service for Singapore business owners. The company is as old as A2 Hosting. There’s only a year of difference.
From shared to managed web hosting – almost every plan is quite good.
So let’s have a look at the Vodien hosting solutions PTE Ltd features:
- All business hosting plans come with SSD storage space (always good)
- Limited to 5 websites though, but I suppose that isn’t a bad thing
- Unlimited bandwidth, but again, unlimited is what?
- They do have very good speed, which I love.
While I have not used Vodien PTE Ltd myself personally, friends and peers have, and this web hosts customer service support team could do with a swift kick in the butt for timeliness when answering support tickets, but once they get to the act of replying things get sorted out very quickly. So, if customer service is a big priority make sure you have a good think.
But Vodien’s price tag is expensive. The only reason that you might like to use them above one of the previously is that they have really good site speed which is needed for your Singapore website for obvious reasons.
And you know by now I am a site speed monster and always look for the hosting with the best website speed. Vodien gets the A grade, but so are most of the ones above, but it’s no Silicon Valley.
Pros of Vodien Web Hosting:
- Budget friendly in the Southeast Asia eCommerce market
- Extremely responsive customer service
- Being local company, it’s still well-known across the globe
- DDos Protection
- 1-click staging
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- SSH & SFTP access
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
Cons of Vodien Web Hosting:
- No SSL certification
- Advanced level features that may confuse users (can be a positive point as well)
Starting Price: $10.50/month (no discount, it will be renew price as well)
So, that’s it, we kept this very short and to the point about the best web hosting in Singapore, and for a good reason. Every single one of these is a winner, so the choice is up to you.
My personal favorite, is A2 Hosting, but then again, Bluehost or Siteground are great hosting companies too, just make sure you are happy and you are good to go.
If you are looking for a more powerful hosting for competitive prices you should check out our piece on Cheap VPS Singapore hosting, it’s really good for that company that needs that extra power.
So let me know your thoughts on these, which web hosting company did you pick, and did you leave any web hosting reviews below?