In the internet/digital marketing industry, almost everyone is aware of Mailchimp, the easy to use autoresponder software. If you are not, you are fortunate to be here because I am going to give an easy step by step Mailchimp tutorial for beginners.
I must say – Mailchimp and the Pawn piece in chess have a lot in common.
Both started as a weak player in the game and ended up as the strongest. Although the company was started as a side project, it has played its way to top.
Anyway, enough talk!
Let tell me show you how Mailchimp can make YOU a marketing automation king.
Table of Contents
What Mailchimp Can Do for Your Business?
Here’s what you can expect from Mailchimp:
- Capture emails of your prospects,
- Pitch them whenever you want,
- Get an easy-to-use interface,
- Detailed Analytics can help you understand the current situations,
- Anyone can start with a free plan,
- Integrates well with almost every platform.
Let’s Begin with Mailchimp Signup Tutorial
To setup your Mailchimp account, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit Mailchimp’s official website from here and click on “sign up free” button.
Step 2: Enter all the necessary details like email, username, and password. After that, click on the sign up button and wait for the confirmation mail.
Step 3: Once you get a confirmation mail, you need to click on the link to confirm.
Step 4: After confirmation, you need to enter some crucial business details.
Congrats! That’s all you need. Now you’re ready to follow up with this simple Mailchimp tutorial.
How to Integrate Mailchimp Plugin with WordPress?
- First of all, install the Mailchimp plugin.
- Once you finish installing it, you will need to visit ‘extras,’ which is inside the ‘accounts’ section of your profile.
- Click on ‘Create a Key’
- Copy the API key and paste it inside the plugin section for integeration.
- If you have placed a correct key, you will see a green ‘connected’ indicator.
Important Tutorial: How to Create and Embed an Opt In Form with Mailchimp Plugin
It’s not easy to create or embed an opt in form with a Mailchimp plugin. That’s why most Mailchimp tutorials discuss it only in a small manner. Don’t worry, let me show you the right way to do it.
Step 1: Once you are done with API connection, you need to go to the forms section.
Step 2: As you can see the form preview, there’s no first and last name. To add first and last name, you have to click on “First Name” and “Last Name,” which is right below the “list fields” section.
Step 3: A confirmation popup will appear. Click on “Add to form.”
Step 4: On the right side, you can see the form preview, which is not looking much great. The good thing is -you can change the appearance.
Step 5: To change appearance, you need to visit the appearance section so that you can choose the most suitable form style.
Step 6: I have chosen a light theme, which made the signup form more beautiful. Finally, it’s time to generate our shortcode so that we can place the form in the right place.
Step 7: You need to copy the shortcode, which is available right below the “fields section.”
Step 8: Now open your favourite page or post and paste the shortcode by making a block.
Congrats! You have successfully learnt to embed Mailchimp code on your WordPress website.
Finally, Mailchimp Tutorial for Automation – How to Send Bulk Emails
Sending bulk emails in Mailchimp is easier than embedding a code. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the dashboard of your account and click on the “Create campaign” button.
- From these 3 options, hit on “create an email” icon.
- Write a nice campaign name and begin.
- Add recipients
- Now Select your favourite list.
- Select your best audience segment and personalize the “TO” field with “FNAME” merge tag. When you say hi along with customers’ names, they will feel like you have designed an email fore them particularly, which is a good thing for your marketing success.
- Fill all the basic remaining information like “from” “subject” and “content.”
- Once you fill it all, hit the “send” button.
How Much Does Mailchimp Cost?
Mailchimp has a specific plan for every user. If you’re a total beginner, you may go with a free plan to learn it.
However, I wouldn’t recommend you to go for Mailchimp’s free version because of its watermark issues.
Watermark makes a company look unprofessional. If you’re a serious business owner, especially in Southeast Asia $10-$15 per month Mailchimp’s plan is not a big deal.
As you can see above, there are two plans after the free version. One is available for $10 and the other is for $15.
Now the question is – which one is best?
From my perspective, $15 per month plan is a true value for your money.
How to Contact Mailchimp Support Team?
If you ever face any issues, you can contact the Mailchimp support team via email, live chat, or phone call.
Although Mailchimp’s email support is a bit slow, you can go for live chat or phone call support to get a fast response.
Is Mailchimp Worth it?
Of course, Mailchimp is worthy of your money, time, and efforts. It has the ability to automate your business so that you can generate more sales.
Most importantly, you can integrate easily with your blog. You don’t have to be a technical person.
Now before leaving this page, tell me in the comments whether you liked my Mailchimp tutorial or not.