Vanilla Minecraft can get a bit boring quickly, and some of the premade modpacks that are available can limit the extent that can be explored in the MC world. Understanding how to put mods on a Minecraft server will open up a whole new level of game-playing for you and your Minecraft friends.
So why not give it a try and start exploring how far you can push the Singapore Minecraft servers with your own Modpack customizations, either to your preexisting Forge server, or even an existing Modpack you already have installed.
The great thing about mods are that they can be added super simply to your hosting servers, depending obviously which server hosting you have chosen.
A good place to start is finding the modpacks that you are wanting to install on your server, and the next step once you have down this is to download the required mod files to your Minecraft client. You need to do this before you can upload them and you must also ensure you have installed Forge client side.
How do you Mod a server?
Downloading Minecraft Mods
In order to Install Mods on a Minecraft Server, the first thing you need to do is download the mods.
There are many different mod sites that you can pick up modpacks, one of the most known being CurseForge with thousands of mods to choose from.
This is the official site for Modpacks, which means that everyone is vetted before they are placed on here, meaning you the authors will have to make sure the mods are top-notch quality, meaning fewer corruptions.
- Go to Curse Forge,
- Find the Modpack you want to install and download it to your computer,
a. Make sure you choose the correct version for your server, and mostly the latest version too,
- Then go back to the “Relations” page, and download the dependencies, these are needed to ensure your mods run smoothly.
Once you have downloaded your mods, the next thing is about how to put mods on a Minecraft server.
How to add mods to your forge server
Uploading Minecraft Modpacks
- Make sure that you have your server set to Forge, you can locate this under the jar dropdown menu.
a. You can look where you change the server versions in this tab.
- Run your Forge server,
- Then create a ‘mods folder’ where you can place your files.
- Next, you need to stop your server.
- Then locate the FTP access to your mods folder and connect via your FTP,
a. Dependent on your hosting server you will either be done through your client panel or an external FTP like FileZilla.
- The next step is to drag your mods from your desktop into your mods folder. Then wait until they have been uploaded fully before clicking off the file FTP.
While the instructions are super simple and understanding how to put mods on A Minecraft server is simple, some issues may still happen.
So, a few things to keep in mind.
- Always make a backup of everything you do,
- Always creates a new world when uploading new mods, to ensure no corruption of your existing worlds (RECOMMENDED)
Once you have got them uploaded, you are ready to go, just simply start your server again, get connected, and then you are ready to start your new modded Minecraft gaming experience.
And that’s it, that’s how to put mods on A Minecraft server, super easy, and the gameplay you can have now is never-ending.
What is your favorite Minecraft server Modpack, tell us in the comments below, or maybe you have designed your own?