Are you struggling to know how to make a landing page for conversion?
I must say – you’re struggling for the right thing.
The best landing page marketing strategy makes it easy for us to collect the most valuable assets from our customers:
- Phone number,
- Social media accounts,
- Time, etc.
I don’t know how many how to make a landing page type blogs you have read.
What I know is – once you finish reading my good landing page design tips, you will end up making a great landing page for your ASEAN business.
But before setting up a landing page, we need to understand the basics. Here we go!
Importance of A Landing Page in Digital Marketing
Landing pages can pave a good way to the end goal. And yes, that applies to customers as well.
As soon as users get on your website, they get the idea of what’s actually going on.
If they don’t, they’re probably seeing a low-quality landing page. Anyway, I will tell you what makes a good landing page in 2020.
On An Average, An eCommerce Landing Page Gives 2.8% of Conversion Rate
For now, let me tell you why a landing page is important for Southeast Asia websites.
Some users in Southeast Asia are not technical enough as technology hasn’t yet fully evolved in areas like Timor Leste, Brunei, and Cambodia. A landing page makes things easily navigable for them.
To be more precise…
- Landing pages give customers an impactful first impression.
- Landing pages used in Southeast Asia build the foundation of trust and represent the class of many brands.
- Shiny incentives and offers bring more potential contacts for email marketing.
- The right CTA (call-to-action) can bring leads as well as sales.
- Most importantly, landing pages in Southeast Asia can help us discover the conversion leakage. If something is not right, we can figure it out.
What Makes A Good Landing Page in 2020?
Creating landing pages in Southeast Asia is easy as well as tough. It depends on how you perceive it. If you ask me, I would say – it’s an art.
Do you know that most musicians make melodies in their mind? Yes, they don’t let the musical instrument decide their outcome.
According to Unbounce Marketing…
Industries Like Business Consulting, Real Estate, Travel, Credit & Lending, Higher Education, and Health Get the Highest Conversion Rate
When you want to make a converting landing page for an online business, you need to think like a musician.
Have an idea in your mind and put it on your page. Don’t let any tool define your marketing skills.
Now that you got the basic principle of landing page creation, it’s time to understand what makes a good landing page.
Have An End Goal in Mind
Don’t start from the beginning, start from the end. That’s the way to know how to make a landing page in Asia and generate sales like a pro.
Once you have an end goal in mind, things will become easier to structure. In that case, more understanding will make the process seamless.
“To begin with the end in mind means to start with a clear understanding of your destination.” – Stephen R. Covey
Make An Irresistible Offer
Be it design or discount, once visitors hop on your landing page, your work is to get a hold on them. Aren’t you wondering how to make a landing page in ASEAN that much catchy?
Look! To get a hold on them, make sure to be as relatable as possible.
In addition, your representation should look like a great hierarchy. This way, they will be able to get everything in chunks. As you know, no one loves overloaded stuff 😉
According to Microsoft, the Average Human Being Now Has An Attention Span of 8 Seconds
Never Forget to Put A CTA While Making Your First Landing Page
Have you ever thought about what makes a good CTA? How many CTAs should be on a landing page?
One simple answer to these 2 most important questions about CTA is: Your CTA should be emotional as well as logical.
In other words, learn how to make a landing page CTA compelling while being human… so that you can get an action from your visitors.
As a matter of fact, you can test multiple CTAs as well.
CreateDebate Says, Making CTAs Look Like Buttons Once Created Almost 45% Boost in Their Clicks
Arrange A Killer Copy to Make A Profitable Landing Page
As I said, when visitors come in, you need to keep a hold on them. I am talking about it twice so that you can know – a copy is as important as knowing how to make a landing page design.
Either write a great copy yourself or hire a professional copywriter.
Believe me, putting a poor write up on your landing page is the last thing you want.
The first line of your copy should invite the reader and establish a connection.
2 Ways and 2 Tools to Make A Successful and Best Landing Page in Asia
Out of more than 10 landing page builders for WordPress, I have filtered ClickFunnels and Instapage. Although both are totally different, they can help you achieve your end goal. Let’s see what they can do and what’s up with them!
ClickFunnels Landing Page Builder Review
Do you know what is Clickfunnels funnel builder?2 well-known entrepreneurs, Todd Dickerson and Russel Brunson together established ClickFunnels in 2012. Since then, the company has been leading world’s as well as Asia’s digital marketing companies.
Here’s What Does ClickFunnels Do:
- Teaches you how to make a landing page for affiliate marketing, webinars, selling your own products, and other marketing tactics.
- Make a shopping cart to conduct more business
- Make members area
- Get a chance to be a part of its affiliate systems
- Grow an email list for marketing in your niche
- Sell paid content of various types
ClickFunnels Pros and Cons – One of the Best Landing Page Makers for Southeast Asian Businesses
- Comes with easy drag-and-drop features, which makes it suitable for beginners
- CSS Code addition feature makes it good for expert level page builders
- All-in-one marketing solution
- Impressive data tracking features that can tell you how to make a landing page
- Integrates well with WordPress and other membership sites
- Responsive support team is always there to sort things out
- Built-in email marketing and A/B split testing
- 14-day free trial
- Moneyback guarantee
- ClickFunnels basic plan is limited to 20 funnels, 100 pages, 3 payment gateways, and 3 domains
- Basic Standard Plan is priced at $97, which is a bit expensive. (worth considering though)
- Not easy to embed ClickFunnels pages in Squarespace
How Much Does ClickFunnels Cost?
If you’re bootstrapping your business, a $97 basic plan would be more than enough. No one creates more than 20 funnels in the beginning.
Although the basic plan seems expensive, you can use it to get a huge return on investment. Besides, their video course can give you an extensive knowledge on how to make a landing page in Southeast Asia.
Instapage Landing Page Builder Review for WordPress 2020
From eBay to Vimeo – Instapage has worked with many popular Southeast Asia companies and increased their revenue to a surprising extent.
Although it seems unbelievable, Instapage claims to give customers up to 400% more from their digital ad spend.
However, it can be possible. No doubt! Technology has done things that we never thought about.
Here’s What Does Instapage Do:
- Creates brand relevant, mobile-responsive, and converting landing pages
- A/B, multivariate, and detailed heatmaps testing features give an in-depth perspective
- Real-time visual on-page collaboration with other teammates
- AMP & Thor rendering, which make fast landing pages
- Easy campaign management
Pros and Cons of Instapage – Southeast Asia Digital Marketing Companion
- Drag and drop landing page creation
- Get advanced features such as Page Creation & Migration, Global Blocks, AMP, and Instablock
- Amazing widgets for countdown timers, CTA buttons, spacing, etc.
- More than 200 templates are available
- Fast and friendly support, which can anytime teach you how to make a landing page
- Sometimes, updates can mess up with your landing pages
- HTML export is not possible for your landing pages
- Advanced customers take time to understand the UI. There’s too much to discover!
- Only 24 hours moneyback guarantee
- To connect an Instapage landing page with WordPress, you have to paste a token separately. Not easy though!
How Much Does Instapage Cost?
Did you think ClickFunnels is expensive? Think again! The basic plan of Instapage begins at $149 per month.
If we talk about enterprise plans, they don’t even reveal the price. You have to contact the company.
ClickFunnels Tutorial for Beginners: How to Make Landing A Page in ClickFunnels
- First of all, login and go to the dashboard. From there, hit the “Add New” button to make a new funnel in ClickFunnels.
- ClickFunnels will give you two options: Cookbook and Classic.
Cookbook is made for beginners and classic is for pro ones.
I am going to explain Cookbook because it will help us know how to make a landing page in Classic mode as well.
- Once you click on Cookbook, ClickFunnels interface will ask for your goal. Remember that end goal thing?
Select the most suitable template and make yourself comfortable.
- I chose the reverse squeeze page builder for WordPress template. See! There’s also a video and funnel map, which can help you understand how to make a landing page.
By the way, you don’t need that video because you’re reading my landing page making tutorial 😉
- If you scroll a little on the same page, you will see many templates for the 2nd step.
Choose the free section and select any template. In case, if you prefer something unique, you can checkout all available ClickFunnels templates for sale.
Still, all those are related to your interest. It doesn’t matter whether you buy ClickFunnels templates or go with free ones.
To illustrate well, I picked a blank template.
- Here comes the main section of ClickFunnels. I don’t know what others call it… For me, it’s the main one because many things happen here!
From the left side, you can add new steps.
From the right, you can pick a template for that step. It’s up you! Think what you can input. Have an idea in mind. As I said, don’t rely on the instrument.
- After template selection and finalising steps, you need to design both steps one by one. In this ClickFunnels tutorial, I am going to pick one for explanation.
I selected “Reverse Squeeze Page Builder for WordPress Template” step and clicked on “Edit Page”
- Ta da! Everything is there. All you need is editing.
Isn’t it easy? Just click and edit. To be honest, even a 6th grade student can design a landing page using ClickFunnels.
- After changing everything to your needs, hit the save button. That’s it… You have designed your funnel.
- Wait a minute, aren’t you wondering what happened with the Classic Funnel Builder option? Okay, here’s what it is about. Select the classic option and move forward.
- Just like Cookbook, the Classic Funnel building process will also ask for your end goal. If your end goal fits within those 3, that’s great. If you want something else, select a custom funnel.
So, I am going with custom.
- Name your funnel and click on “Build Funnel”
- Boom! We’re back to the same place. Can you see that there’s no difference between Cookbook and Classic. It’s just a difference of guide.
In Cookbook, they give you an end goal. In Classic, you know what to do.
How to Integrate ClickFunnels with WordPress
To integrate ClickFunnels with WordPress, you need to follow these steps.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and hover over to the plugin section to add a new plugin.
- Click on the “Install Now” button.
- Once installation gets done, activate the plugin.
- Go to settings of your ClickFunnels plugin.
- If you’re a ClickFunnels user, you must have an active account email. Your job is to find an authentication token.
- To find an authentication token, take your mouse pointer to the account and an “account details” drop down menu will popup.
In that “account details” section, you will find the WordPress API key. Copy that!
- Go back to where you were and paste the key. Make sure to save settings!
- Now move to the general settings and make your page display method “Download & Display” (Highly Recommended)
- Choose Page Type, Funnel, and Step accordingly.
Note: The page you have created earlier will be seen in the “Choose Funnel” option. Same is with steps!
Make a beautiful and SEO compatible custom slug for your landing page.
Done it all? Save it and take a deep breath. Now you finally know how to publish ClickFunnels to WordPress.
How to Make A Landing Page in Instapage
- Let’s start with the dashboard first. As you can see, it’s neat and clean.
So, you can click on create a new page and select your preferred page type.
I chose a standard page to illustrate easily in this Instapage landing page tutorial.
- There you can see Instapage landing page templates. On the top bar, there are categories as well.
- Once you hover over any template, you will see a preview button. Leverage it to save time.
- After previewing, if you like the template, click on the edit page.
- It will ask for a page name. Enter something memorable so that you can keep a check later.
- Now we need to do what we did on ClickFunnels.
Change everything to your needs!
- Here’s the deal. Instead of saving it, exit and it will be automatically saved. I know you must be wondering – what difference does it make?
- Can you see that publish button on top? If you wouldn’t exit, you couldn’t see it. Don’t click on it yet. Instead, open WordPress in another tab.
Time to integrate WordPress with Instapage!
Here’s How to Integrate Instapage with WordPress
Don’t you know how to install an instapage WordPress plugin? Here’s the trick…
- Login to WordPress and hover your mouse towards the plugin. There you will see an “add new” option.
- Search “Instapage” in the box and install Instapage from that “Install Now” button.
- An option for activation will pop up. If not, go to Plugins > installed plugins
- Go to Instapage settings. As you can see, there is a login section. Enter your account details there and connect it. Easy!
- After login, select all and connect to WordPress.
- Go back to the landing page you created and hit the publish button.
- Instapage will show you various options again. Select WordPress!
- Something will stop you, which is good. Press “Don’t Have WordPress Admin Access?” link text.
- Don’t worry! It’s okay… Nothing is technical here. Copy that CMS token from the given button.
- Go back to the login section of your Instapage plugin and paste the token and click on “Add Token”
- Follow steps 5 and 6 again.
- A green indicator will tell you that everything is going well.
Go ahead and click on “Push Page to WordPress”
If it is added successfully, you will get a message like this:
- Select your sub-account, landing page, page type, and slug.
Wondering where your landing page went? Well, it’s in the landing page option.
Hit the publish button and that’s all. You have successfully done Instapage WordPress integration and publishing.
Which Landing Page Builder is Best – ClickFunnels or Instapage?
In terms of price, interface, marketing, and all different perspectives, ClickFunnels takes the cake. It’s more than a landing page builder. Its features start to make miracles where Instapage features end.
You can grab a 14 Day free trial of Clickfunnels here.
And the same for Instapage right here.
I have presented everything in detail. The rest is up to you!